· History 1829 includes - Bombey, Butterwick, Knipe, Mardale, Measand, Swindale
· Westmorland Church Notes - Churchyard Inscriptions etc from Bampton
· Window Tax North Westmorland 1777
· The Constables Census 1787 Bampton
· Hearth Tax Westmorland 1664/5
St Patricks's Church Ó Les Strong -photo
Methodist Chapel Ó Les Strong -photo
John Pearson has written a most interesting book about Bampton and area, it looks in detail about the men who lost their livves in the wars of 1914-18 and 1939-1945. "Bridging The Years".
Mardale village was buried beneath Haweswater when Manchester Corporation built a dam, flooding the valley.
· Mardale Holy Trinity
· Mardale Holy Trinity Interior
· Genuki Westmorland - search for other information on Bampton
Return to Top